Actos (Pioglitazone). Dosage, Side Effects, Interactions
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (diabetes), if you are overweight
The drug is mainly given when diet or other measures to lower blood sugar levels, such as physical exercise, are not enough on their own.
Dosage of ACTOS 30 mg tablets
The following dosage recommendations are given – it is best to discuss the dosage for your specific illness with your doctor:
Start of treatment:
- Single dose: 1 tablet
- Total dose: once a day
- Timing: independent of the meal
Follow-up treatment: The dosage is usually increased slowly by your doctor and adjusted to a maintenance dose that suits you.
Medicines with different active ingredient strengths are available for the individual dosage steps.
The total dose should not be exceeded without consulting a doctor or pharmacist.
Type of application?
Take the medicine with liquid (e.g. 1 glass of water).
Duration of use?
The duration of use depends on the type of complaint and/or duration of the illness and is therefore only determined by your doctor.
An overdose can lead to dizziness, sweating, tremors, headaches and even coma. If you suspect an overdose, contact a doctor immediately.
Forgot to take?
Continue taking it as normal (i.e. not double the amount) at the next prescribed time.
In general, pay attention to a conscientious dosage, especially for infants, small children and the elderly. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist about any effects or precautions.
A dosage prescribed by the doctor may deviate from the information on the package leaflet. Therefore, since the doctor adjusts them individually, you should use the medicine according to his instructions.
Information on divisibility and preparation
The preparation cannot be divided into equal doses.
Contraindications of ACTOS 30 mg tablets
Describes which illnesses or circumstances speak against the use of the drug, in which age groups the drug should not/may not be used and whether pregnancy and lactation speak against the use of the drug.
What speaks against an application?
- Hypersensitivity to the ingredients
- cardiac insufficiency
- Bladder cancer, also in history
- Excretion of blood components with the urine
- Impaired liver function, such as:
- Shift in the acid-base balance in the blood to the acid side (acidosis)
Under certain circumstances – talk to your doctor or pharmacist about this:
- Heart disease in history
- Macular edema (changes in the back of the eye) caused by diabetes mellitus
- Women who want to have children or who do not have reliable contraceptive protection
What age group do you need to consider?
- Children and adolescents under 18 years of age: The medicine should not normally be used in this age group.
- Elderly patients: The treatment should be well coordinated with your doctor and carefully monitored, for example by close checks. The desired effects and undesired side effects of the drug can be stronger or weaker in this group.
What about pregnancy and lactation?
- Pregnancy: According to current knowledge, the drug should not be used.
- Breast-feeding: According to current knowledge, it is not recommended to use it. You may be to consider a weaning.
If you have been prescribed the drug despite a contraindication, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. The therapeutic benefit can be higher than the risk that the use entails in the event of a contraindication.
Important information about ACTOS 30 mg tablets
Information on the areas of allergies (regarding active ingredients and auxiliary substances), complications with food and luxury goods, as well as other warnings.
What should you consider?
- Be careful if you are allergic to binding agents (e.g. carboxymethyl cellulose with the E number E 466)!
- Be careful if you have an intolerance to lactose. If you have to follow a diabetic diet, you should consider the sugar content.
- There may be drugs with which interactions occur. You should therefore generally tell your doctor or pharmacist about any other medicine you are already using before starting treatment with a new medicine. This also applies to medicines that you buy yourself, use only occasionally or have been using for some time.
Side effects of Actos (Pioglitazone)
Side effects are undesirable effects that can occur when the drug is used as intended.
What adverse effects may occur?
- Gastrointestinal problems such as:
- stomach pain
- Decreased sensitivity to touch
- visual disturbances such as:
- blurred vision
- Increase in liver values, which can be expressed by the following signs, for example:
- loss of appetite
- dark urine
- weight gain
- respiratory infections
- sinus infection
- bladder cancer
- Broken bones, especially in women
If you take another medicine for diabetes at the same time, the following may also occur:
- Low blood sugar, which can manifest itself through, for example:
- Sweating if it occurs suddenly
- anxiety states
- feeling hungry
- sleep disorders
- neurological deficits, such as:
- Abnormal sensations, such as tingling, pins and needles or numbness
- coordination disorder
- signs of paralysis
- visual disturbances
- speech disorders
- joint pain
If you notice any discomfort or changes during treatment, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
For the information at this point, side effects are primarily taken into account that occur in at least one in 1,000 patients treated.
An advertisement from our cooperation partner
If you use several medicines at the same time, interactions between them can occur. This can change the effects and side effects of the medicines.
Looking where to buy Actos (Pioglitazone) online without a prescription? Order now on our website! We deliver orders all over United States. The best drug prices are only available in our authorized online pharmacy